Thursday, January 17, 2013

American Girl Doll Crochet Purse

Adorable little purse for an American Girl Doll or any 18" doll.  Made these for my 7 year old daughters doll and I absolutely love them.  

Materials Used
Red Heart Super Saver
H Hook

Ch 10 +3 more this counts as first dc

Rnd 1: 2dc in the forth ch from hk, 1dc in the next 8 sts, 3dc in the last st, sl st to top of ch 3

Rnd 2-5: working in continuous rounds dc around 4 times, sl st at the end of row 4

Rnd 6-10: Hdc in the next 10 sts, ch 2 turn 

For Strap ch 40 or 50 and attach to purse

For the strap around the button attach yarn ch 6 and attach to the next st

Cast off weave in ends

Video Tutorial on how to make the Purse for American Girl Doll


  1. thank you for this tutorial and written pattern. my Daughter & I own 14 AG dolls and I can't wait to start this. The purses are so very pretty. you did a wonderful job.

    1. Thank you so much I'm glad you liked it :)

  2. what is the measurement across the purse I think I am doing something wrong I like the pattern good job!